Thursday, November 1, 2012

Vlog: Hannah's 1st Durian!

On Halloween-eve, shortly after facing down my fear of the garbage shoot (and it's large, crawling inhabitants), I sat down to my first taste of durian! Kindly supplied by housemates and durian-enthusiasts Abdullah and Tanja, we had plenty of fruit to choose from.
Refer to the above-linked wikipedia page to hear some of the many descriptions of durian's smell and taste - everyone tends to describe it slightly differently. Apart from the smell/taste, durian also looks pretty gross. It sort of reminds me of either really fatty raw flesh or a baby Jabba the Hutt...

But don't take my word for it - take my video for it!



[Also, as alluded to in the video, I ate more durian tonight - I think it was a slightly better quality. I like it a lot more. This time around, I was like, 'yes, I can understand why people would willingly partake of this fruit.]

[For the record, my wonderful, durian-loving husband did make sure I had a huge chocolate cake on my birthday]

No comments:

Post a Comment